We strive to make attending recitals easy for our students and families. We are known for having fun and entertaining shows!
- The school is divided into short recitals.
- Each non-company class performs in one recital.
- Family members never have to wait long for their child to appear.
- Students never have to wait long backstage.
- Tickets are only $5.00 per person with no limit as to how many tickets may be purchased.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition (click on “class schedule” above to find specific prices for individual classes)
If you compare our rates with that of other schools in the area, we believe you’ll find that we’re generally less expensive. This is despite our long reputation for turning out dancers who are technically proficient as well as very well rounded! The monthly amount (with the exception of company members) is based on a 36 class school year. Tuition is a yearly fee divided for your convenience into 9 monthly installments, September – May. Tuition remains the same each month regardless of how many class days are met in a month. Some months will meet more than 4 classes and some less than 4 due to holidays but 36 classes (with dress rehearsal and recital counting as the 35th and 36th class) are guaranteed to be met within a school calendar year. One month’s notice is required if you wish to withdraw; otherwise the month in which your child took their last class plus the following month’s tuition will be charged. No refunds will be given for classes unattended.
A 20% discount off the combined total will be given to families with more than one child enrolled.
Registration Fee—–$20 per student
Recital Fee—–$100 per family, which covers production costs and one costume (students get to keep their costumes)
– Each additional routine requires an additional $40 in costume/accessory expenses. One routine is performed for everything the child takes. For instance, a family who has a 5yr old who takes a ballet/tap class will have a total recital cost of $140.00 and their child will perform two routines in the recital. And a family that has a 5yr old child taking ballet/tap with a sibling that takes ballet/tap/jazz will have a fee of $260.00 and their children will be in a total of 5 routines.
Company member students take 2 ballet classes a week and are proficient also in tap, jazz, contemporary and hip hop. Members are prominently featured in our spring recital and perform at numerous local events and festivals. In addition, Commerce School of Dance Company members put on it’s annual “Christmas Spectacular!” This show is an elaborate production featuring Act 2 of” The Nutcracker” and in the second half of the show perform Rockettes’ style holiday tap and jazz selections. Over the years it has become a holiday tradition for many families in the Jackson County area! Placement in a company class is at the discretion of Ms. Kim. You do not need to have “grown up in the school” to be accepted into our company and we love to welcome new students with different experiences!
Commerce School of Dance Company members will be performing next at the following local events. Please join us!
To Be Announced!